The information is provided below as a guide only. T&Cs (including prices and taxes) may change without notice.
- Stamp duty
- The Damage Recovery Fee is currently $3300 (excluding tax and surcharge). Damage recovery fee for NT, Broome & Kununurra is $5500 (excluding tax and local fee). In the case of a single vehicle accident, the single vehicle accident fee of $2200* applies in addition to the damage recovery fee to NON metropolitan locations.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited).
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. all recovery fees, premium location fees,Vehicle drop fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
- The standard liability is $3300 AUD, it can be reduced to $385 by paying $27/day (excluding local fees and surcharges). Excess amount for specialty vehicles, vans, 4WDs andLuxury is $5500, which can be reduced to $1100 by paying $27/day* (excluding local fees and surcharges).
- In the case of a single vehicle accident, the single vehicle accident fee of $2200* applies in addition to the damage recovery fee to NON metropolitan locations (except NT, Broome & Kununurra; which is $5500*).
- Child Seats or booster seats. Child seats are $6.00 to $11 per day with a maximum charge of $55.00 00 inc. GST per seat per rental.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited). Each km will be charged at $0.25* depending on location
- If driver age is between 21 and 24, the age surcharge of $22.00* per day.
- GPS $11.00/day*. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed. The cost of the GPS unit is capped at 10 days per 30 day rental.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
- A credit card surcharge of 1.5% will apply when paying by credit card. The 1.5% is calculated on the amount debited on your credit card.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Thrifty will require a deposit of between $385 & $1100 from clients upon collection. When you collect your rental car, an Thrifty representative will take an imprint of your credit card authorising a charge of the total value of the rental plus any applicable security bond. Provided that the vehicle is returned undamaged and no additional charges apply (e.g. fuel), this amount will be charged to your credit card when you return the car. Payment must be made by credit card. The credit card holder must be present when the vehicle is collected.
The standard liability is $3300 AUD, it can be reduced to $385 by paying $27/day (excluding local fees and surcharges). Excess amount for specialty vehicles, vans, 4WDs andLuxury is $5500, which can be reduced to $1100 by paying $27/day* (excluding local fees and surcharges). In the case of a single vehicle accident, the single vehicle accident fee of $2200* applies in addition to the damage recovery fee to NON metropolitan locations (except NT, Broome & Kununurra; which is $5500*).
Thrifty recognises all current non-provisional and non-probationary Australian drivers licenses and current overseas licenses. The required driver's license must be in English with photo and produced at the commencement of the rental. Should the license be in another language or have no photo, an International Driving Permit must accompany it.
You can use all the major credit cards and debit cards, providing they have the Visa/MasterCard emblem/logo on them. It is important to note that the credit card holder must be present at the time of collection.
No surcharges apply to additional drivers aged 25+ years and more. For any driver be they the renter or an additional driver, aged 21 to 24 inclusive, an age surcharge of $22 per day applies.
Booking price does not inlcude any child seats. Child seats can be purchased upon pickup for approx. $6.00 to $11 per day.
State street directories are available on request and free of charge from some Franchisee locations. A charge of $25 inc. GST will be billed to the renter for any unreturned Directories.
- Persons who must not drive the Vehicle (unless authorised by Us in writing):
1. A person who is not identified under "Hirer and Driver Information" in the RA or in a Credit Card Authority.
2. A person who does not hold a current unrestricted motor vehicle driver's licence for the particular class of Vehicle hired (learners permits and provisional licences are not acceptable).
3. A person whose breath or blood alcohol concentration exceeds the maximum lawful concentration or who is intoxicated or who is under the influence of any drug, toxic, or illegal substance.
4. A person who has given Us or for whom You have given Us a false name, age, address or driver's licence details.
5. A person, whose driver's licence has been cancelled, endorsed or suspended within the last three years.
6. A person who is under the age of (21) years or over the age of (75) years.
- The Vehicle must not be used by You or by any Authorised Driver (unless authorised by Us in writing):
1. If the Place of Hire is in NSW, QLD, VIC or SA the Vehicle must not be used in WA, NT or TAS.
2. If the Place of Hire is in WA, NT or TAS the Vehicle must not be used out of the state or territory of hire.
3. (Except where Snowpak coverage is purchased) above the snow line being either the entrance to national parks in which snow falls or areas in which snow chains are required to be fitted (by the relevant authority).
4. On any unsealed road (being a road not sealed with a hard material such as tar, bitumen or concrete) unless the Vehicle is a 4WD in which case it may also be used on graded unsealed roads. No Vehicle (including 4WDs) may be used on off road conditions. Off road conditions include but not is limited to fire trails, beaches, sand, tracks, fields or paddocks.
5. To carry persons for hire or reward or to carry any inflammable, explosive or corrosive materials.
6. To propel or tow any vehicle (not being a trailer), or to propel or tow any trailer with a load in excess of the capacity of the trailer, towing mechanism or Vehicle.
7. To carry any greater load, number of persons or for use in a manner or for a purpose for which the Vehicle was not designed and constructed or to carry any greater number of persons than the Vehicle has seat belts.
8. To carry any animal or pet.
9. For racing, pacemaking, reliability trials or hill climbing, or being tested in preparation for those purposes.
10. In contravention of any criminal legislation, any legislation involving a penalty, or for any illegal purpose whatsoever.
11. If We have directed You or any Authorised Driver not to drive the Vehicle.