The information is provided below as a guide only. T&Cs (including prices and taxes) may change without notice.
- Administration Fee
- Normal excess amount for cars is $3850 AUD. Excess amount for some cars, vans, 4WDs, Luxury and commercial vehicles is $5500. Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited).
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg.all recovery fees, Vehicle drop fees, corporate location fees, premium location fees wherever applicable.
- Normal excess amount for cars is $3850 AUD, it can be reduced to $390 by paying $26/day (excluding local fees and surcharges). Excess amount for specialty vehicles, vans, 4WDs, Luxury and commercial vehicles is $5500, which can be reduced to $990 by paying $29/day (excluding local fees and surcharges).
- Credit Card surcharge. i.e 1.65% for Visa, Mastercard ,AMEX and Diners
- Child Seats or booster seats. Child seats are $7.70 per day with a maximum charge capped at ten days.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited). Each km will be charged at $0.25/Km*
- If driver age is between 21 to 24, the age surcharge of 28.50* per day, if it is not listed in the price breakdown.
- GPS $10.95/day* or $66/week*. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Extra Driver can be added at an extra charge of $5.50 per extra driver per day.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. vehicle snow equipment.
- A 3.5% Administration Fee will be added to any extra charges and optional extras nominated at time of rental.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
Upon pickup, a EuropCar representative will authorise for the total value of the rental plus the customer's Damage Liability on credit card. This include CC accounts and Travel Agents and Wholesale accounts. The exception to this will be Bill to Accounts and IXAR,PDAR,CDMD vehicles. The customer must produce a credit card at the time of initiation. Debit cards and LOA's are not permitted. The credit card holder must be present when the vehicle is collected. You must hold a valid unrestricted licence (full licence) to drive this vehicle. Europcar require an authority on the credit card for the rental cost plus $385 (including GST).
Normal excess amount for cars is $3850 AUD, it can be reduced to $390 by paying $26/day (excluding local fees and surcharges). Excess amount for specialty vehicles, vans, 4WDs, Luxury and commercial vehicles is $5500, which can be reduced to $990 by paying $29/day (excluding local fees and surcharges).
The renter must have a full driver's licence and must present it at the time of rental. Any foreign renter must carry a driver's licence written in English.
All major credit cards are accepted. Debit cards are accepted only embossed with the Visa/Mastercard logo. Europcar require an authority on the credit card for the rental cost plus $385 (including GST).
Audi rentals (excluding the Audi A3) will require two credit cards to secure the rental. The first credit card will be charged the rental amount and the second credit card will be charged a security bond of $100. Security deposit of the full damage excess amount is required via credit card. Audi renters will be asked for a security deposit equivalent to the Damage Liability Fee.
An additional driver is charged at $5.50 (AUD) per day. In Australia the minimum drivier age is 21. An additional surcharge of $28.50 per day applies for the driver ages 21 to 24.
Booking price does not inlcude any child seats. Child seats can be purchased upon pickup for approx. $7.70 per day.
- Even if Unsealed Road Cover - 4WD or ALWD has been purchased
- You must never take the Vehicle:
- (a) Off Road;
- (b) onto any island that is off mainland Australia or Tasmania, with the exception of Kangaroo Island where the Vehicle may
be taken if We have given Our prior written permission at the Commencement of Rental;
- (c) on flood prone roads or any road where the police or any government or statutory authority has issued a flood warning, caution or which has been closed;
- (d) onto any road where We have notified You that the use of the Vehicle is prohibited;
- (e) in Queensland:
(i) north of Chillagoe or Georgetown;
(ii) north of Cooktown or Laura;
(iii) on the Burke Development Road;
(iv) north of Maggieville;
(v) on Unsealed roads north and west of Mt Isa;
(vi) on the Bloomfield track;
(vii) on the Savannah Way;
- (f) in Western Australia:
(i) on the Gibb River Road;
(ii) on the Cape Leveque Road and to Windjana Gorge;
(iii) on the Cardabia Ningaloo Road;
(iv) on the Tanami Track;
- (g) in the Northern Territory:
(i) on the road from Jim Jim Falls to Twin Falls;
(ii) on the Larapinta and Namitjira Drives, commonly known as the “Mereenie Loop”;
(iii) on the Tanami Track.