The below T&Cs (including prices and taxes) may change without notice.
- Administration Fee
- Basic insurance cover (LDW) for cars with an excess of $2915 AUD, 4wd and specialty vehicles $5500 (excluding tax and surcharge). Excess reduction insurance needs to be purchased separately.
- Signified kilometre amount (generally unlimited).
- Vehicle Registration
- One way fees if applicable
- Airport taxes and surcharges if applicable.
- All vehicle fees related to the booking, eg. Vehicle drop fees, all recovery fees, premium location fees, corporate location fees wherever applicable.
- Excess reduction insurance.
- Child Seats or booster seats. Child seats are $5.50 per day with a maximum charge of $55.00.
- Extra kilometre travel (if your rental is limited). Each km will be charged at $0.275 - $0.33* depending on location
- If driver age is between 21 and 24, the age surcharge of $27.50* per day.
- GPS $10.95/day* or $55/week*. GPS are subject to availability and can not be guaranteed.
- Any extras signed up for upon arrival, eg. trailer, vehicle snow equipment.
- A 3% Administration Fee, Airport Concession Fee (if applicable) or special location fee (if applicable) will be added to any extra charges and optional extras nominated at time of rental.
* All extra add-ons will attract additional percentage taxes and surcharges.
When you collect your rental car, an Avis representative will take an imprint of your credit card authorising a charge of the total value of the rental plus any applicable security bond. Provided that the vehicle is returned undamaged and no additional charges apply (e.g. fuel), this amount will be charged to your credit card when you return the car. Payment must be made by credit card. The credit card holder must be present when the vehicle is collected. Debit cards are not accepted as credit identification at the time of rental.
In Australia the minimum drivier age is 21. An additional surcharge of $27.50 per day applies.
Booking price does not inlcude any child seats. Child seats can be purchased upon pickup for approx. $5.50 per day.
You and any Authorised Driver must only use the Vehicle on a road which is properly formed and constructed as a sealed, metalled or gravel road.
You and any Authorised Driver must not, unless authorised in writing by Avis, drive or take the Vehicle:
(a) to Kangaroo Island, Bruny Island or Fraser Island;
(b) into or out of the Northern Territory, Tasmania or to any points in Western Australia north of Carnarvon, Magnetic Island, Groote Eylandt, Gove Peninsula and Tiwi Islands;
(c) in Queensland:
(1) Highway No.27: Beyond Chillagoe in a Westerly direction;
(2) Highway No.1: Beyond Normanton in a Southerly direction and no further North than Karumba;
(3) If the Vehicle is a Passenger vehicle or truck, beyond Cooktown to the North or Lakeland to the West and no further North than Cape Tribulation on the coast road;
(4) On the coast Road from Helenvale to Cape Tribulation, or from Laura to Lakeland, unless the vehicle is a Group W, 4WD;
(d) above the snow line in Tasmania, New South Wales and Victoria (being Jindabyne in New South Wales and Bright in Victoria) from the beginning of June until the end of September; or
(e) on beaches or through streams, dams, rivers or flood waters.